2020 Duotone Super Hero 4.7m2 used windsurf sail in very good condition.
LOOK NO FURTHER - THE WAVE SAIL FOR ANY CONDITION AND RIDER WEIGHT
SUPER HERO is THE ultimate wave sail which always performs optimally in all wave conditions around the globe. The perfectly balanced sail is the personal favourite of PWA Wave double world champion Victor Fernandez and is a real World Cup asset that is designed specifically for wave usage. Thanks to the absolutely neutral and perfectly balanced handling, its calm handling characteristics are unrivalled and it remains stable and highly controlled in every situation. The SUPER HERO feels like a three-batten design combined with the stability of a five-batten one. The specially developed profile blows out very efficiently and produces high propulsion even when underpowered, which is why it’s suitable for almost all riders, regardless of weight.
The SUPER HERO’s consistent evolution makes it an even better World Cup sail with an extremely wide range of use in the wave. It continues to give a top-end performance even under the brutal conditions of locations such as the Canary Islands or South Africa, remaining under perfect control with high winds and during extremely overpowered jumps. And yet it also boasts powerful acceleration capabilities at the lower wind limit, alongside an excellent on/off response, which would come in handy when participating in down-the-line surfing on Maui or Mauritius.
To achieve this extraordinary overall package, designer Kai Hopf is tasked with combining numerous individual designs into a single concept. This includes the BATTEN-FREE CENTRE, additional MINI BATTENS, the HOLLOW LOWER LEECH and RADIAL LOAD STRIPES running from the clew. Only then can this four-batten wave sail offer a wind range whose breadth is without rival. An optimised panel layout provides increased stability and control for all sizes 5.0 and up.
In terms of handling, the superiority of the SUPER HERO is beyond doubt thanks to its low weight. The batten rotation is beautifully soft, even with minimal outhaul tension. The top has a highly active role to play as well, thus supporting the forward pull. For this reason you can confidently choose a smaller sail size than with many other wave sails. Note: The SUPER HERO has been designed as a true wave sail and is only partially suitable as a flat-water, high-wind sail, for which we recommend the SUPER SESSION instead.
- XPLY PLUS Laminate (100/150 micron) with the lowest stretch and best UV- and puncture resistance on the market
- TRI PLY Tri Ply foot panel (150 micron): additional 3rd thread direction increases rip-stop ability by 30%
- MADE TO SURVIVE the Super Hero features the smallest monofilm window of any 4-batten sail on the market
- HOLLOW LOWER LEECH Hollow Lower Leech with additional MINI BATTEN stabilizes the profile right above the boom and prevents leech flattering
- RADIAL LOAD STRIPES Radial Load Stripes at the clew improve the stability and extend the wind range
- BATTEN FREE CENTER As reactive as a 3-batten sail in drift & go conditions yet super stable in overpowered conditions
- iBUMPER 2.0 The most advanced and effective molded mast protector
- Epoxy Battens Unbreakable Epoxy Battens
- AVAILABLE IN HD Also available in a monofilm-free HD-construction
- iROCKET 2.0 Torque wrench factory calibrated individual batten tensions.
**PART EXCHANGE WELCOME - We will accept your equipment in part exchange against this product. For a quotation just send us an email with the details of the equipment and some pictures and we will work out a value for you. To get the ball rolling please use this link to email us for your quote.